The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement supports the University of Mississippi in fulfilling its mission to transform lives, communities and the world. Our work engages with all campus and community stakeholders to foster belonging, enrich learning and development, enhance research and create equitable opportunities for all.
As we celebrate the 60th anniversary of James Meredith’s enrollment and the integration of the University of Mississippi, your support is crucial to deliver on the dreams of today’s students and generations to follow. Together, we can ensure our flagship university is an accessible and inclusive space where all students thrive.
We are better when we work with others from different backgrounds to solve the greatest challenges of our campus and society. This is the transformative power of education, diversity and community engagement. All members of our community, particularly those who are historically underrepresented, should have the opportunity and support to successfully navigate the University of Mississippi.
Your support of the Diversity and Community Engagement Fund helps us build a better university, state and world by removing barriers and addressing inequities that exist in education.
The DCE Fund bolsters these initiatives:
- The Center for Inclusion and Cross Cultural Engagement, where students build community and engage in cultural programming, mentoring and retention programs, and other initiatives that support their success.
- The Center for Community Engagement, where students, faculty and staff develop mutually beneficial connections with community partners and community-engaged research, learning and service are supported.
- Diversity education across campus to support the knowledge, skills and awareness needed to cultivate an inclusive and equitable university.
- Awards and incentives that recognize the incredible work across our campus and provide support for innovation.
- Dialogues on Diversity, Longest Table and other programmatic initiatives, where we celebrate, learn and connect on many topics that improve our institutional capacity toward diversity, equity, inclusion and community engagement.
- Pathways to Equity: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Institutional Strategic Plan. This plan, unveiled in 2021, lays the foundation for improving outcomes and meaningfully advancing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives on our campus. The overarching goals, coupled with individual college/school- and division-level Equity-in-Action plans, provide a road map for building on existing work, promoting inclusivity at all levels for all members of our community, and advancing a more equitable environment and a better University of Mississippi.
The essential work of diversity, equity, inclusion and community engagement on our campus will require deep, sustained partnership across all areas of our institution and community. By taking this responsibility seriously and plotting a principled and measurable path forward, the University of Mississippi can play a role in setting an example for the nation and the world – and all of our stakeholders have a role to play. Please make a gift to the DCE Fund today!