Daniel W. Jones, M.D. Chair for Faculty Support - Staff
This Ignite Ole Miss campaign for the faculty chair honoring Chancellor Dan Jones has closed.
However, great news! If you did not get to participate, the University Foundation continues to accept gifts for this important initiative. Click on this link and make a gift of any size to support outstanding faculty to help in the academic preparation of our students. Thus far, the alumni and friends, faculty, and staff campaigns combined exceed $1,032,000. Your generous investments are deeply appreciated!
Let’s stand with Dan!
Thank Chancellor Dan Jones today for his contributions to the University of Mississippi by making a contribution to an endowment in his name. The Chancellor’s tenure is concluding, after what can only be characterized as a golden era of growth and progress. For this reason, UM Staff members are joining a widespread initiative to build funds for an endowed faculty position – the Daniel W. Jones, M.D. Chair – which will rotate among schools and colleges on the Oxford campus. While UM has enjoyed many strong leaders, we will remember Dr. Jones for leading our beloved University to greater heights.
UM thrives under his leadership
Remarkably, the University of Mississippi has absolutely thrived under Chancellor Jones’ leadership despite the economically challenging times in the nation and in higher education. He has positioned the University for sustained success at the national and global level.
- The university's enrollment for fall 2014 hit an all-time record of 23,096 for all its campuses, the largest in Mississippi. The freshman class has grown from 2,473 in 2007 to 3,814 this year – the largest for any university in state history.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education named UM as the nation's 13th-fastest growing university in its Almanac of Higher Education 2014.
- Chancellor Jones led the University through a strategic planning process resulting in UM2020, a plan to continue growth and progress into the future.
- Private support exceeded $100 million for the 3rd straight year: $118 million for FY 2014, $114.6 million in FY 2013 and $122.6 million in FY 2012. Our endowment now stands at approximately $600 million.
Staff members are valued by Dr. Jones
The Chancellor recognizes and appreciates the important contributions of UM Staff members to the overall success of our University. He has worked to continually enhance the Oxford campus, and his efforts are evident.
- For the the sixth time in seven years, The Chronicle of Higher Education has named the University of Mississippi as one of its “Great Colleges to Work For.”
- Through this honor, UM was cited for excellence in collaborative governance, employee confidence in the university’s senior leadership, workers’ job satisfaction and also on the availability of professional and career development programs.
- Chancellor Jones said employees are deeply committed to the University’s mission, which unites the workforce.
This leader promotes service and respect
Chancellor Jones has strived for our University to transform individual lives. He’s also said that service to others should be part of our DNA.
- The Chancellor has created a culture of inclusivity and respect for everyone in the UM community. He has encouraged everyone to live the University’s Creed, with emphasis on respect, civility, integrity, honesty, academic freedom and good stewardship.
- Chancellor Jones has encouraged thousands of Ole Miss students to adopt a “service before self” philosophy, helping them to develop as citizens. Countless service projects are now carried out by students around the globe, and faculty and staff also have been inspired to increase their service commitments.
Act today to say “thanks” in a meaningful way
As a UM Staff member, please do not delay – act today and make a gift of any size to help endow the Daniel W. Jones, M.D. Chair. Our goal is to have as high a participation rate as possible to show our Chancellor how much his leadership has meant to us over the last six years and the impact it will continue to have for years to come. Pledges (payroll deduction) are available for those gifts of $500 and more. Your gift will honor him by building this important support that will strengthen our University for generations to come.